Information we collect
- Information about who you are which may include e.g. your name, contact details, date of birth
- Information to enable us to pay incentives e.g. your bank account details
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails, letters, visual images as a result of taking part in face-to-face
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit our website
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your health, marital or civil partnership status. This information
will only be collected and used where it is appropriate and necessary for the research project being conducted
- Information on children e.g. when conducting research amongst children. In these cases, we will collect and use only the information required e.g. their name, age and gender).
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including;
- Registering on our website to receive our newsletter or to access information
- Participating in our research projects to help us understand you better and to improve our clients’ products and services
- Phone conversations with us, email or letters you send us.
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold.
What we collect and use your information for
- You have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about products and services offered by Compass Research Ltd
- It’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations e.g. for the detection and prevention of fraud
- It’s in the legitimate interests of Compass Research e.g. to deliver appropriate information; where we need to process your information to
better understand you and your business needs, so we can develop new products and services.
Who we may share your information with
Where your information is processed
The majority of your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Areas (EEA).
As part of the services offered to you through our website, the personal information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of the computer servers used to host the website are located in a country outside of the EEA. If we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this privacy notice.
More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
How we protect your information
How long we keep your information
- Client data will be held for up to 2 years after the last engagement
- Respondent details are held for up to 6 months following the research they participated in.
Website and website forms
In order to improve the overall experience of using our website, we use a server-based log to collect cookies and other anonymous information about our visitor
- Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. They are mainly used as a way of improving the website functionalities or to provide advanced statistical data, for example through Google Analytics.
- To withdraw your cookie consent, please email: email@example.com
- If you enquire via our website about or solutions or service but do not subsequently conduct business with Compass Research Ltd, we will erase your details from our system after six months.
- If you would like us to remove your details sooner, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right of access
You have the right to access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
- Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected
- Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a completing reason for Compass Research to continue to have it
- Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted
- Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy of transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
- Right to object
You can object to Compass Research processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling); for direct marketing (including profiling); and if we were using it for scientific / historical research and statistics.
- Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling:
You have the rights to ask Compass Research to:
- Request human intervention or challenge where processing is done solely by automated processes
- Carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision making, and profiling processes are working as they should.